Sunday, April 10, 2011

Celebrations

TARA'S CELEBRATION

Mini Golf was a challenge with Zade crawling after every ball we hit, and Aria getting bored after hole 9, but it was still fun to be out in the pleasant April weather.


Although we had planned to go out to eat at a restaurant for dinner, I didn't have much of an appetite and since my sister Shannon sent me a gift card to Jamba juice, it seemed like a good place to go.


Probably one of the best parts of the night was going to Heavenly Feet, an Asian foot and back massage place. I went there last year and loved it, and my experience this year was the same. It's so relaxing! After getting massaged, I stopped by the store and bought myself a little cake. It seemed kind of lame to be buying myself a cake, but since no one else did it, and I wanted to blow out the traditional candles, I bought a little slice of cake anyway.



ARIA'S CELEBRATION

Aria went back and forth between wanting a Mickey Mouse party, or a Princess party, or a Winnie the Pooh party, but she finally settled and seemed to stick to her desire of wanting a Strawberry Shortcake party. I wasn't going to throw a party this year because I wanted to keep things simpler, but Aria kept talking about her Strawberry Shortcake Party, so I couldn't let her down. I bought a few decorations and invited about 10 little friends of Aria's. The kids decorated little strawberry shortcake bags, had an Easter Egg hunt, played pin the strawberry on Strawberry shortcake and musical alphabet (kind of like musical chairs, but everybody wins!) We also had a snack of strawberries, whipping cream and strawberry muffins, and then at the end, the kids each got a strawberry cupcake and Aria opened her presents. All the kids seemed to have a wonderful time and it only took me a week to recover and catch up on all the house work. :)


The kids played in the backyard as they waited for everyone to arrive.










A few days later, Dane graciously drove us all to Phoenix where I took Aria (dressed up in her little mermaid costume with necklaces and a pink tiara) to see Princesses on ice. We had a wonderful time and it was fun to see all of the little girls dressed in their princess costumes. I know some feminists out there think that we need to back away from the princess thing with little girls, but I thought it was a lot of fun, and if Aria is enchanted by everything with her eyes all aglow, then that's all that matters to me.


1 comment:

Our story said...

These pictures are adorable! Aria and Zade look so big :) Looks like it was a fun birthday.