Friday, April 15, 2011

bikes, fingers and garages

Dane was so kind to put together the new bike trailer that my parents purchased for my birthday last night, and I couldn't wait to try it out with the kids today. Zade was not a fan of his helmet and kept crying and trying to wrestle it off his head, and since it was a little big and looked awkward anyway, I took it off him. After spending a great deal of time adjusting all the straps, making sure the kids had their drinks, and Aria had her purse, I felt like we were ready to go. Unfortunately, our garage door is broken right now, so we have to manually open and close it. There is no handle to pull down the garage on the outside, so I just try to pull down as best I can. Well, today as I was pulling down the garage, I put my fingers in between the cracks of the garage door in order to pull it down. It closed quicker than I realized, trapping and smashing my fingers inside the crack! There I was with my fingers smashed and stuck in the garage and my two kids strapped in the bike trailer, with no other person in sight. I tried to pull my fingers out, but I couldn't. Thankfully, after a few moments of utter panic, I was able to stick my foot under the bottom of the garage, and lift it up with my foot, freeing my now white and purple fingers. After a few moments of crying, mostly from shock, I was able to get over it and still go on the bike ride with the kids- which turned out to be a lot of fun. I look forward to taking them again. As for my fingers, they've been hurting throughout the day, but I think they'll be fine.

No comments: