Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daily Moments of Motherhood

I'd like to start writing down the daily memories I have with my kids and since I don't really keep a journal, the blog seems like the place to keep everything together.

Today, after running for 45 minutes at the gym, I took the kids to the library. From the moment I put Zade down on the floor, he became a little terror. He headed straight for the puzzles where he began to push them all off the shelf and scatter the pieces, then he speed-crawled to the book-shelf and managed to pull off at east 12 books. I picked him up to try to contain him, but he started making screeching noises and squirming so I put him down again, whereupon he immediately speed-crawled (like he was in some kind of baby race) for another bookshelf and before I got to him, managed to rip a few pages out of a couple of magazines! A librarian came back and started picking up the mess, and feeling a little embarrassed, I tried to help while holding my squirming terrorizer. Needless to say, we did not stay very long at the library today.

Aria has had a baby doll for a couple of years now that she still loves to play with. She has me help her change the dolls clothes almost daily, and we help the doll use the potty and change her diaper. Today Aria declared me her baby was sick. I took the dolls temperature at Aria's request and put a band-aide on the baby to make her feel better. Aria kept calling me "Doctor Mommy."
"You're a very good mommy to your baby," I told Aria as we walked up the stairs, with Aria holding her baby doll, and me holding Zade. "Thank you Doctor Mommy," Aria replied, "and you're a good mommy to your baby too."

2 comments:

Stephen and Shara said...

I love what Aria said about you being a good mommy to your baby too! That's so cute! I'm impressed you told me you wanted to start writing down daily things, and you already started today!

Our story said...

That's so cute what Aria said :) I like your idea of writing down "daily moments of motherhood" too. Those memories will be very precious to look back on someday.