Thursday, August 7, 2008

Life in Tucson



Sorry I haven't updated recently, but we just barely got the internet on Monday and I've been so busy trying to unpack this apartment! Every square inch was covered in boxes, so much so that you could barely move! The first night we were so tired after moving everything in that all we wanted to unpack was our tooth brushes and toilet paper.

Dane has started full force into his classes. He says they definitely call it "boot camp" for a reason. He says he wants to ask questions in the classes, but his questions would sound something like "ummmm...what?" After he comes home in the evenings, around 5:00PM, he has to spend the rest of the evening studying....making him not a very fun person to hang out with. As I have yet to make friends, I try to find fun things to do with Aria between unpacking. One thing we've started doing that's lots of fun is swimming! We have a swimming pool right outside our door and Aria enjoys the water.

A warning about Tuscon, for those planning to move here.... there are a lot of ants on the sidewalks. I mean, everywhere you look there's ants! I was walking outside one day with Aria and I felt something itchy on my feet and legs, I looked down and there were probably 50 tiny ants crawling all over me! I kicked off my shoes and went screaming into the grass. Right now I count between 15-20 bites on each of my feet and ankles! I'm pretty sure they're from ants. Still, I don't want to trade in my sandles for tennis shoes, even if it means having tiny welts and itching feet.

2 comments:

Maylin said...

It's so fun to see the update! I'm glad you made it safely. I love your 10k story--way to go! In Hood to Coast they call passing someone a "roadkill." Speaking of roadkill, I'm glad your kitties didn't become just that! I can see Dane sleeping by the sliding glass door with one eye open. We miss you!

Unknown said...

We're happy to hear you guys made it safely to Tucson! Good luck!