Sunday, April 20, 2008

Parent's Feelings


Tara: I still can't believe that the little person who was kicking and hiccuping inside of me for 8.5 months is now in my arms. She still kicks and hiccups, so it must be the same one. :) She seems so fragile (pronouced fra-gee-lay.) :) Recently she enjoys peeing right after I take off her diaper for changing. We've gone through quite a few clothes in the past few days. Aria demonstrates dramatic hunger needs only to promptly fall into a milk-induced coma after 3 minutes of nursing. My favorite thing is when she opens her eyes and looks around at the world, and I try to imagine what it must be like to see everything for the first time. Amazing.

Dane: If you were a fly on the wall, you'd most likely hear me burst out saying "cutest baby ever!" each time Aria opens her eyes. It's amazing how quickly you can fall in love with a complete stranger. Ah yes. However, I'm still not very happy about sleep deprivation, but I'm coming to terms with it. Whoever said parental leave was a vacation told a very, very bad lie. :) It's still fun though.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Yay!!! Welcome to the blog world! I'm so happy you're posting with us!

Unknown said...

Hi guys! Congrats again. She's adorable. We showed Oma the pictures via our laptop and she was so proud of all of her new little great-grandchildren!

Connie Christensen said...

So glad we could meet Aria for the first time on Sunday. She's a little sweetheart. Keep the pictures coming!!
Love,
Mom

Annette said...

She is so beautiful. Babies are so precious when they're tiny! I wish I was there to snuggle her... We love the pictures!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Tara and Dane,

She's such a cutie!! Blogs are awesome. I loved the ravenous hunger to a 3 minute milk coma. We are there! Check out fellow Troutdalite at http://blogging-for-2.blogspot.com/

Asia said...

Intriguing descriptions of excitement. Parenthood is so hard to which to put words. I could almost feel Aria’s quiet softness in the room.