Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pregnancy

After 4 years of marriage, Dane and I decided it was time to expand our family. After what seemed like 3 very long months (to me), a pregnancy test finally came back positive- and it's a good thing considering how many previous pregnancy tests I had taken due to my own impatience. In Dane's words, "Pregnancy tests are expensive!" (or so I thought until I found out you can actually get them at the dollar store. Who knew?) It appears our baby was a gift from Grand Teton National park.
Pregnancy went well for me. I had only minor first trimester nausea, and continued to teach full time and coach the cross country team. The only cravings I experienced were for orange juice, pineapples and raspberries. I continued to exercise weekly, cutting back my running to walking by the middle of the second trimester. The most common comment I received when pregnant was "You're hardly even showing!" Apparently my tall frame hides a baby well.

No comments: