Sunday, March 18, 2012

Parent Swap

Aria decided that she wanted to be our parent one night, so we switched roles.  It was so much fun.  Tara and I huddled under a blanket, while Aria read stories to us, and then we began making all the kinds of requests/demands that kids do, such as asking for juice in a sippy cup, demanding it come in the blue cup, and after she pretended to bring it to us, we complained that we wanted it in the red cup!  It was so much fun to dish out the demands we hear all the time. :)  


A few days later, Tara noticed that Zade's hair was getting a little long, and wanted to take him to get a hair cut.    Since my dad said he used my nogon to learn to cut hair, I decided I too would learn on my son.  :)  Amazingly,  the hair cut turned out pretty well.  Considering he always has unkempt hair, a knuckle cut fits him well.


Lastly, I was released from being the ward mission leader at church after ~1.75 years, and now will be serving as a Gospel Doctrine instructor.  I've really enjoyed meeting so many neat people and helping answer their questions about the gospel, so I'll miss that calling.  However, I served as a Gospel Doctrine teacher in Troutdale, Oregon several years ago, and really enjoyed that calling, so I'm excited about my new calling.

No comments: