Friday, May 16, 2008

Thoughts on Motherhood




Being a mother is very challenging, yet infinetly rewarding. I guess that's what everyone says, but it's true. It's all quite overwhelming, that this little being depends entirely on me for survival, that I will shape how she sees and experiences the world. I thought when I became a mother that I'd have all this extra time for creative projects. It turns out that motherhood is quite time consuming- at least, it is so far. Between feeding, burping, diapers, spit up, soothing, bathing and then just general playing- a lot of time is used up. But I suppose that time couldn't be used for a better purpose than to raise and love my own child. Aria has such a mild temperment. I really can't complain, even if she does wake up every 2 1/2 hours from the time I started feeding her. Getting enough sleep is probably the hardest part about being a mother so far.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I love the pictures. I have the same thoughts about my precious baby! Its hard to get much done, plus I just want to snuggle him all the time. However, cute babies are so worth the effort.