Sunday, January 31, 2016

Winter Life in Pennsylvania

Zade is enjoying kindergarten.  He has made a lot of new friends and is very positive about going to school each day.  He has already been invited to a number of birthday parties, which he loves!  Zade has begun trying to write words by sounding them out.  He loves to tell me about all the animals that he learns about at school.

There's too many kids in this tub 
There's too many elbows to scrub 
I just washed a behind that I'm sure wasn't mine 
There's too many kids in this tub.

 -Shel Silverstein


I enjoy being at home each day with my little Ryzen and Nova.  Poor Ryzen is just constantly sick! But despite almost always having a cough or a runny nose or watery eyes, we still have fun together. Ryzen has started to develop an imagination and loves to play with his kitchen, build things with magnets, and play hide-and-go-seek.  He likes me to cuddle up with him at nap time which usually results in us both taking a nap. :)


Nova is becoming such a lovely girl.  She hardly spits up now. (Hurray!) She sometimes sleeps through the night.  She is a champion nap taker and just so easy going.  We love to cuddle her and hold her close all the time.

Dane had to go to a conference last weekend, so I took the kids to Penn Skates.  Ryzen had fun riding his bike on the rink.

Aria and Zade are becoming proficient roller skaters.  They don't need any assistance now and Aria had fun pushing Nova in her stroller on the rink while she skated.

We finally had our first big snowstorm!  Nova wasn't too thrilled to be dressed up like a big marshmallow.

Aria and Zade love to play in the snow.  They've really gotten into sledding.  Even Ryzen had fun sledding down the hill.

This past Tuesday we met Katrina and friends at a larger sledding hill.  I figured out how to sled with Nova and Ryzen at the same time by strapping Nova onto me.  The hill wasn't too fast so I felt this was safe.  We had a lot of fun!

 Ryzen playing with his blocks, trains and cars.

Now that Dane and I finally have a babysitter, we took the time to go on a real date!  Dane took me to a fabulous restaurant called Spatz.  The salad and shrimp were delectable, and Dane had sweet potato fish that tasted like fish pie!
Afterwards we went ice skating.  I hadn't been ice skating in so long.  I felt a little wobbly at first, but soon was doing my twirls on the ice. :) I still would like to take private ice skating lessons one of these days and learn some more tricks.



No comments: