Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mostly operational

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Since I'm the Stake Clerk in our church, I've been busy with quite a few church meetings recently (e.g., bishop's welfare meeting, 7.5 hour disciplinary council, etc.), so it's been hard to find time to update the blog.

The kids have been chomping at the bit to have me get their bedroom ready.  Yesterday I was finally able to find time to finish painting their room and build their bunkbed.  With a new baby coming in June, we're trying to get things re-arranged so we can be ready when it comes. The kids are excited to have their room mostly ready. I still have to build the trundle bed that Ryzen will sleep on, but we're getting closer.

I also thought it would be worth illustrating how quickly Ryzen's moods can change. He can go from sad to happy in 6 seconds. :) If you tell him Mommy is leaving, he'll start crying, but if you tell him she's staying, he'll snap right out of it.  


I guess the other good news this week is that for Spring Break, we were blessed with weather above freezing.  After the frigid winter we've had, which has included 4+ days with -10 degree (Fahrenheit) weather and 20 mph winds, it's nice to finally have some better weather.  We just stayed here in Pennsylvania for the break.  The kids had fun playing at home and I was able to get caught up on work.  (Since I'm teaching this semester, I was falling behind.)

No comments: