Sunday, April 7, 2013

10 Year Anniversary

To celebrate our 10 fabulous years married together, Dane and I decided we needed to do something memorable, so we drove to Las Vegas.  My parents and my sister Sharalee joined us.  We had fun seeing the sights together, and my family even watched the kids for a day and night so Dane and I could celebrate our anniversary alone.  We spent the first two nights at the Circus Circus Hotel, then Dane and I spent one night alone and one night with the kids at the Treasure Island Hotel.  For our Anniversary Day alone, Dane and I went to the Las Vegas Temple, shopping on the strip, dinner at the Treasure Island buffet and then a Cirque du Soleil show called Mystere at Treasure Island.

My sister Sharalee and I are both pregnant and expecting boys. 
 Our due date is only a few days apart.  It was fun to be together!

The kids enjoyed riding some of the rides at the Adventuredome inside Circus Circus.

Zade thought that he would like the frog hopper ride, 
even though I worried that it would be too scary for him.

It turns out I was right.  A look of terror overtook his face the moment the ride had its first drop.

Aria, having had more worldly experience, knew that she would not like the
 frog hopper ride and chose the helicopter ride instead.

We enjoyed walking the strip where we stopped to look at the shops inside the Venetian Hotel.
 
Zade and Aria thoroughly enjoyed the attention of Aunt Shara, and Grandma and Grandpa.




Grandma even planned an Easter egg hunt for the kids inside the hotel.

We enjoyed the fountains at the Bellagio Hotel.

We visited the Silverton Hotel and saw stingrays fed by a diver, and a mermaid waving to the kids.




 One evening we had the dinner buffet at the Flamingo Hotel. 
 It had the best gourmet dessert bar one could ever hope for!

 We visited the 4 level M&M store and the Coca Cola store.

Unfortunately, as my parents and sister were driving back to Utah, they were hit by car on the freeway which pushed them into another car.  Their car was totaled, and both my mom and sister were taken to the hospital to be checked out.  Everyone is okay, although still store.  My dad has since bought a fabulous new car, which he made sure had a 5 star all around safety rating.

Easter
On Easter Sunday, the kids had fun collecting candy that was stashed all around the living room.  Aria wore here new Easter dress and bonnet, purchased for her by Grandma Debenham




Tara's Birthday
Rather than merely celebrate my birthday on a single day, Dane was kind enough to turn it into a week long celebration.  On Tuesday Dane put the kids to bed while I went clothes shopping at Kohls (I found nothing and have since given up on trying to purchase any clothes, until after giving birth.)  On Wednesday Dane put the kids to bed while I went to Heavenly Feet and got a back, foot and leg massage, which was very relaxing.  On Thursday, Dane put the kids to bed while I watched the movie Breaking Dawn, and on Friday we all went to Macaroni Grill and then came home to eat a miniature birthday cake.  What a great week thanks to my loving, and thoughtful husband!


2 comments:

Our story said...

I love these pictures! The picture of you and Shara pregnant is so cute! Miss you guys.

Shara Blunck said...

I can't believe how huge I look compared to you in all these pictures! I feel fat.