Thursday, August 18, 2011

Broken Evaporator Coil?

Yesterday I came home from work and while eating dinner I looked up and was shocked to see a huge bulge in the ceiling. As you can see in this pic, there was so much water, that it began leaking through the ceiling:

Apparently water or fluid had been leaking from the air compressor coil upstairs and it finally broke through the ceiling. When I went upstairs I saw that the carpet outside the furnace's door was soaked, and it was soaked inside Aria's room, which borders the furnace as well.

Since it was late, I waited until the morning and pulled up the carpet to try and figure out what the causing the problem. I noticed that it was wettest in both rooms right next to wear the furnace was.



I then opened up the half that exposes the furnace and saw water dripping from the evaporator coil that's on top of the furnace. I also noticed a pool of water that had formed along the base of the furnace.

What a headache.

No comments: