Sunday, April 5, 2009

Billy Joel in concert


Ben Hoffman, a fellow PhD student, invited me (Dane) to go with him to see Billy Joel play in concert up in Phoenix, AZ a week ago. As a kid, Billy Joel was almost exclusively the only music we listened to in our home, so this was quite a treat. Billy Joel was playing together with Elton John, so there was 3 1/2 hours of great music, plyaing songs like: Anthony's Song, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, Still Road and Roll to Me, Piano Man, Your Song, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Candle in the Wind, etc. Billy Joel stood out as a great entertainer, and put on a show that made me feel like a little kid again. I couldn't help but think of my mom during the whole concert. Thanks mom for introducing me to his music.

2 comments:

Annette said...

How COOL! I'm so jealous. :)
You deserve a fun evening like that!

Connie Christensen said...

Dane, I'm so glad you had this opportunity!! It pleases me that you appreciate his music as much as I do. Fun memories.
Love,
Mom