Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Strawberry Festival




On Saturday Dane and I went to a u-pick strawberry farm in hopes of gathering lots of berries for strawberry jam. Unfortnately, most of the berries weren't ripe so it became more of a treasure hunt rather than just a u-pick. We managed to find a few berries. We also picked up some fresh lettuce and red peppers. On the way back I managed to talk Dane into stopping for dinner. He said we could stop as long as it was our "eating out" for the month. I agreed, but upon arrival at McMennamins, Dane informed me that he wouldn't be eating. I told him that this couldn't count as our "eating out" for the month if he was just going to watch me eat. Still, no matter how I tried I couldn't get Dane to budge, so I thoroughly enjoyed a lovely turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce and Dane watched. Afterwards he went home and had leftover lasagna.

3 comments:

Annette said...

I can totally relate to your dinner situation... because Scott does that to me all the time! Annoying! At least we enjoy yummy food though... :)

Kari said...

You did marry the stingest member of our family. ;) I love that you're still willing to eat. Nathan boycotts if I don't eat. Love all the new pictures!

Connie Christensen said...

I do understand both points of view, although this really made me laugh! Eating out is a treat unless done too frequently which is probably the case with Dane. Since he eats out for lunch everyday it doesn't have the appeal.
Tara deserves to be pampered and I am sure would go for twice a month since she doesn't enjoy the same luxury!!